Mold is a common occurrence after moisture incidents, whether from a broken pipe or a flood. It is almost certain that at some time of the year on your property, whether it is a home or a business, you will show signs of the presence of mold and other types of fungi.
A mold situation can be very stressful for homeowners, and it’s no wonder it not only causes property damage, but also puts your family’s physical safety at risk.
When a mold and mildew situation arises, you may want to treat the problem like a standard cleaning; however, depending on the level of the mold, it will be up to you, or alternatively, who should take care of it. By this, we mean either you or a professional mold removal in Chatsworth service.
Under what conditions does mold form and grow?
When mold spores begin to grow and spread, it’s because they found the right conditions. There are three scenarios you should consider:
- Exterior: Under these conditions, mold begins to form in the shaded areas. Being outside is not enough to prevent moisture from developing mold. The spores are inhibited by ultraviolet light from the sun.
- Inside: Under these conditions, sunlight is difficult to reach, so spores are more likely to start accumulating in dark conditions. Between properties, mold can occur on floors, wood, drywall, carpet, and more.
- High temperatures: In addition to humidity, heat also favors the formation of mold. In as little as 48 hours or less, the spores can find the ideal environment to start reproducing. Mold manages to decompose and consume the materials it grows on, and then turns colors like black, blue, or green.
Benefits and importance of professional mold removal in your business
Although there is a lot of information about mold, there are those who believe that it is a plant or an animal, however, it is neither one nor the other.
Mold is a fungus that grows in moist, dark conditions. Allowing them to spread represents potential risks for the environment of your company or home and, with it, not only for your image, but also for the health of your clients and family members.
Mold prevention in your workplace
Without a doubt, the best way to prevent mold in your business is to control humidity. To do this, you must follow a series of actions that will help reduce any possibility of spore colony formation. For example:
- Repair leaks. The first and most important point is that as soon as you detect or suspect the presence of a leak, immediately call your trusted plumbers to carry out the necessary repair.
- Limit sentence levels. As long as you can keep the temperature warm and insulated, it will be more difficult for moisture to breed mold spores.
- Reduces humidity. For this, it is essential to install air extractors, use dehumidifiers, or failing that, if you do not have that much budget, open the windows with strategic handles to achieve ventilation of the place.
- Clean wet areas. Any damp room is a potential hotbed for a mold colony. Moisture can persist in certain materials, and when it is detected, professionals must remove all traces within a period of no more than 48 hours, which is when the spores begin to activate