A mold scenario can be very stressful for homeowners, and it’s no wonder that it not only causes damage to the building, but also puts your family’s physical safety at risk.
When a mold and mildew situation develops, you may want to approach the problem like a regular cleaning; however, depending on the degree of mold, it must answer, or lack, who should take care of it. By this, we mean whether you or a specialized solution.
We’ve mentioned that you need to consider particular factors to determine if this is a mold remediation task that you can do with home techniques or if you need professional intervention for best results.
When you need to fix a mold situation, you need to think about:
- Location: When mold covers less than 10 square feet (or 3 feet by 3 feet), it’s a DIY task with basic mold removal methods and commercial products.
- Surfaces: Mold can grow on any product with sufficient porosity to allow the accumulation of moisture and with it the growth of mold spores. In even more extreme scenarios, mold penetrates walls to drywall, ceilings, or perhaps air conditioning ducts as well as the HVAC system.
- Water damage: Whether due to a leak or a flood, mold can spread much further in a circumstance like these. In some cases, seepage levels are deeper, extend more than 10 feet, and can pass through walls and floors. A dangerous scenario that can occur is that the moisture is caused by the sewer.
Specialized Mold Removal
After evaluating the situation and making the decision to employ a specialized mold remediation solution, your initial job is to make sure you have experience in the field.
It is essential to validate references from previous jobs, check their accounts on social networks and Internet sites and compare the ratings of other services.
Plan your situation well so that they give you a much more precise budget, require a physical inspection if necessary so that the mold removal in Simi Valley professionals have a complete picture, and can also establish a work strategy.
Mold Risk Scenarios
In fact, we’ve talked about how mold can cover a variety of areas and surfaces, as well as how it can be triggered by a variety of moisture factors. That is why it is essential that you learn to distinguish the degree of damage that you could have in your residential or commercial property and that the neglect of certain indications could damage your facilities and expose your family members to health problems.
You should take a one-size-fits-all approach when:
- Mold reaches the ventilation system. This is an indication of serious contamination. The problem has increased, so it has actually infiltrated the ductwork or the HVAC system. This is potentially dangerous because your home or organization environment would be compromised by the presence of harmful mold and mildew that can cause respiratory problems in your family members, visitors or customers.
- Sewage damage. This may not be a common scenario, but that doesn’t mean it can’t happen on your property. When a drain pipe leak creates moisture, it’s best to call an experienced mold remediation company as soon as possible, as treating it with home methods may not be enough. The threat it poses to your health if you don’t have the necessary security tools.
If you have any questions about the mold removal process, please feel free to contact us. We’ll give you the details you need to make smart decisions in the future and prevent further damage to your property.